Sunday, February 5, 2017

America First My Ass

I've repeatedly pointed out that Trump and his supporters do one thing in every argument: direct the opponent's accusation back towards them. (Even Trump and his fans can't argue that he has a shred of virtue; it's easier to just claim that everyone else is as hideous as he is.) So I wasn't surprised that Trump did this in a discussion with O'Reilly. But when O'Reilly said "Putin is a killer" and Trump countered "Well, you think our country is so innocent?,” it made me notice something else. Without even being forced to, Trump framed the argument as one between the U.S. and Putin's Russia and immediately, reflexively took Russia's side.
I don't think that Trump really gives a shit about anyone or anything but himself. But he clearly thinks, for some reason that may or may not be buried in his tax returns, that Russia's interests are his interests. If you think he cares about this country or its Constitution I invite you to get a clue already. America first my ass.